A web-based learning environment designed to manage the assessment and delivery of Essential Skills
From Entry to Level 3, deliver a consistent and reliable approach to initial and diagnostic assessment, Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and learning materials.
WEST brings together a full suite of tools to support Essential Skills, including screeners, combined initial/diagnostic assessments, targeted learning plans and learning materials in Communication (English), Communication (Welsh), Application of Number, Digital Literacy and ESOL.
- 10 minute assessment
- Broad outline of a learner's current skills
- Allows setting of appropriate starting point
Combined initial/diagnostic assessment
- In-depth assessment
- Identifies competencies and development needs
Results and ILP
- Automatically generates a targeted learning plan
Combined initial/diagnostic assessments
- Covers Communication, Application of Number, ESOL and Digital Literacy
- Algorithmic assessment of skills from E1 – L3
Interactive learning materials
- Automatically generates activities
- Updates tasks as the learner demonstrates competencies
Diagnostic skills checks
- Allows learner to show competency at that level
What Essential Skills does WEST cover?
Communication, Application of Number, ESOL and Digital Literacy.
What range does the learning material cover?
The learning materials cover all the way from Entry 1 (E1) to Level 3 (L3), with more complex scenarios being presented at L2/L3.
Which languages are supported?
WEST is bilingual and supports Welsh and English.