Inspection Skills Training
Tribal's Inspection Skills Training course provides educational leaders with the skills and competencies of a high quality lead inspector, enabling them to further their careers as leaders and/or effective inspectors of schools.
"This course has taught me so much in terms of inspections but also skills that I can apply in other areas of my career as an educator."
Who should attend
The course is designed for educators with leadership experience looking to further their careers by:
- Improving their understanding on what is important for robust evaluations
- Improving leadership and classroom practice.
- Gaining the knowledge, understanding, skills and competencies required to make robust evaluations and inspect effectively in schools.
"Content and scaffolding of learning was of a very high quality."
The course runs for 4 days. The following three course dates are currently available:
- January 29th, 30th and February 5th, 6th (08:30 – 16:30 daily, UAE time)
- March 19th, 20th, 26th and 27th (08:30 – 16:30 daily, UAE time)
- May 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd (08:30 – 16:30 daily, UAE time)
There will be four sessions per day and each one will run for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes over the four days of training. All sessions will be delivered online using the Microsoft Teams platform. (You do not need a Microsoft Teams licence to participate.)
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- evaluate the effectiveness of a school using an inspection framework, in a time-limited way;
- understand the inspection process and the importance of the team working to produce a secure evidence base that will stand up to scrutiny;
- gather and record first-hand evidence against a framework;
- provide evidence-based feedback to different stakeholders;
- summarise, triangulate and synthesise a wide range of evidence, as part of ‘evidence trails’ that will contribute to the written report;
- understand the importance of adherence to the Inspectors Code of Conduct.
"A very enriching learning experience."
Peter Callow has had a distinguished career. He started out as a teacher, quickly progressed to be a principal in three very different schools and then held a variety of senior management roles to provide school improvement services within Local Authorities in the UK. Peter has worked with Tribal since 2006. He has extensive experience in the Middle East and in the UK, having held responsibility for Tribal’s review and monitoring services. For clients such as Ofsted in the UK, and ADEK in the Middle East, Peter has designed and developed frameworks and inspection protocols and has trained teams in their use. Peter is experienced in leading monitoring and evaluation services across a variety of settings, including schools, colleges, training providers, and early years providers. An accomplished trainer, Peter designs training materials, facilitates training and associated assessment and quality assures training delivered by others.
"I am hugely grateful for your expert knowledge and guidance throughout this process, I have learnt a lot which I hope to take forward into my future practice."
- Laura, Assistant Head (UAE)
Tribal has been responsible for conducting school inspections around the world since 2004. Our work has seen us develop Inspection Skills in the United Kingdom, the United States, Europe, and the Middle East, including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, and Saudi Arabia.
For full details of the course structure, including entrance requirements, detailed learning objectives, costs, assessment tasks, and FAQs, please download the Course Overview using the form opposite.
If you have any questions relating to the course, please email RecruitmentUAE@tribalgroup.com